15.12.08

My Emerging Self



I am the one who is looking up, squinting and laughing.

I am the one who is emerging from one place into a very different looking place.

I am the one who can't see where I am going yet but I keep pecking at the shell, getting a little bigger piece of the picture with each peck.

I am the one who who has gone from ice to sun and sand.

I am the one who looks toward the light with my eyes closed, trusting and laughing.

What do you want from me?
I want you to trust without knowing.
I want you to laugh and enjoy the Light.
I want you to keep pecking at the shell, knowing you have outgrown that safe place.

What do you have to give me?
I give you the senses to feel and acknowledge the Light, even when you can't see it.
I give you the tools for breaking out of your shell.
I give you joy in the face of new horizons.

How will I remember?
You will remember every time you see an egg or a child.
You will remember when you close your eyes and feel the sun on your face.



Quote:
It all began the day I found
That from my window
I could only see
A piece of sky.
I stepped outside and looked around,
I never dreamed it was so wide
Or even half as high. ~from Yentl

For complete song lyric, click here.